Friday, June 10, 2011

Pet Peeves #1 ('cause I'm sure there will be more)



This blog is shaping up to be real positive, isn't it?  In keeping with that, here are some of my favorite pet peeves.  Ever seen those old Donald Duck cartoons where he gets really mad and turns red and then starts flipping out?  That's me when I encounter these pet peeves.


No Hooks in Public Bathroom Stalls

There is nothing that just makes my day more than when I go into a public restroom (usually Walmart),  and there is no place to hang my purse.  Then I'm left with two options, to either put my purse on the floor, or to try to balance it on my lap.  No way am I going to put my purse on the floor of a store that has Crazies around every corner, probably just waiting to use that floor as a restroom/sanitary disposal/1-hour hotel.  Option one is out.  So I have to go with option two.  What inevitably happens is that I balance the purse, the purse falls off onto the floor, then I run screaming to find Lysol.  Thanks Walmart!


Rubberneckers

This one never ceases to amaze me.  People who slow down and look at accidents, causing a backup on the freeway.  Or even better, when it's just a cop car that's stopped someone for speeding and people still find this important to look at.  Either way, this is one of those things that reminds me that people are no different than animals who get hypnotized by something shiny.  It's like "Really?  You've NEVER seen an accident?  NEVER?  Oh, ok.  Please, check it out and take your time.  I have brain surgery to perform, but it can wait.  I wouldn't want to deprive you of your chance to possibly see mangled bodies."  It's like the reptilian part of the brain just takes over and people can't do anything to stop it.  I guess this explains the fascination with reality TV, too.  Which I would NEVER watch.  Never...  Anyway...


People Who Invade Your Personal Space at Checkout

Cool, can you please shove your cart a little further up my arse?  Oh, go ahead and look at my pin number, too.  And my shins, didn't need them!  They are useless, like an appendix.


Being Too Lazy To Return the Shopping Cart to the Cart Return

This is one of those things I like to feel superior about.   Like "look at how unlazy I am."  When I was very pregnant with my younger daughter, I had a shopping cart full of groceries and a toddler in the seat, and some young 20-year-old girl in workout clothes comes over and put her cart RIGHT NEXT to my car, with the cart return only a few spaces over.  The absurdity that she just worked out or was going to work out, but was still too lazy to walk a couple of feet, well, it was just too much for me. So I made a big production of walking past her to a cart return even further away, saying "Wow, I'm 8 months pregant and not THAT lazy".  She choose to ignore me and hopped into her little sports car, her missing link, baseball-hat-on-backwards boyfriend laughing like a d-bag in the passenger seat.  This sort of thing still bugs the crap out of me, though.  I just can't stand it when people are this lazy when they have things as good as we have it in this country.  Hmph! Ok, ok, I'll stop preaching now.


I do hope I helped make your day a little brighter with my post.  No?  Hey, this ain't no "Zen Habits" or some other serious, enlightened blog.

4 comments:

  1. Hahahah, okay, I loove the last one! I can just picture the annoying workout pixie and you super pregnant and fuming! LOL I pretty much agree with all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was way more ballsy when I was pregnant! I guess I must have figured there was a much less chance of someone attacking a pregnant woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Okay, can I add one more? I hate it when people put the toilet paper roll facing the wrong direction. The roll should roll towards you over the top, not away from you from the bottom! I've got a real OCD problem about this - I've flipped it around in people's bathrooms that are not my own (I just can't HANDLE IT!)! If people can't put the damn roll on correctly, then they shouldn't have the privilege of using toilet paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's definitely annoying! And what I don't get is that they always say "Are you an over or under?", like there is ANYONE who actually likes it under. I've never met one person who does. What it usually means is that someone was too lazy to fix the under roll after they put it on, and then tried to defend it by saying they prefer it that way. Total liars!

    ReplyDelete